Sep 25, 2003

Today, I am 43. (When I make that statement, it feels as if my voice should take on serious, somber, psuedo-religous tones: Today... [dramatic pause for effect] you are a man!)

Bleech.

I have lunch with a friend, coffee with some other friends and then a massage.

As I pointed out earlier, these things have become less of an “event” and more of an attempt to have a nice, relaxing, fun day.

I heard something the other day when I was watching Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. Let me see if I can remember this correctly. Chuck Barris was talking about his life and he said there came a point in one’s life where instead thinking about what he could be, he started to look at what he might have been. That’s an ouch moment.

I haven’t reached that point yet but, each birthday makes me think how much more I need to get done.

No comments: